Marilyn Manson freed on bail after being guilty of assault

0
WASHINGTON: American singer-songwriter Marilyn Manson has surrendered to authorities in Los Angeles on an arrest warrant in connection with assault charges he faces in New Hampshire.
According to Fox News, the Gilford Police Department said the shock rocker, real name Brian Hugh Warner, surrendered to law enforcement in Los Angeles on July 2.
He ultimately responded to an October 2019 arrest warrant “for acts allegedly taking place on August 19, 2019, during a concert at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion in Gilford, NH”.
The warrant was issued for two counts of Class A, common assault.
Manson was treated and released on personal recognizance bond on the condition that he would not commit any federal, state or local crime upon his release and to appear at all legal proceedings as ordered.
In addition, Manson must notify the court in writing of any change of address within 24 hours and he must have no contact with the alleged victim.
He was given an unspecified court date to appear in 4th Circuit Court, District Division of Laconia, New Hampshire.
Police told Fox News in May that Manson was giving a concert at the Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion on August 18, 2019, when the alleged simple assaults occurred.
Authorities explained that in New Hampshire, arrest warrants can be issued by bail officers and, as a result, the initial assault report has been investigated and an affidavit from arrest warrant was prepared by the investigator.
The affidavit was then presented to a bail commissioner and examined for probable cause, which police said they found during their investigation and an arrest warrant was issued on October 8, 2019.
Police did not release the videographer’s name, but authorities previously told Fox News that the videographer was contracted out by a local company to film the concert and was in the area of ​​the stage when the alleged assaults have occurred.
Manson’s attorney, Howard King, made a statement to Fox News at the time, calling it “ridiculous” claims by viewers to People magazine that Manson “pulled snot” out of his nose.
The statement read: “It’s no secret that anyone who attended a Marilyn Manson concert that he enjoys being provocative on stage, especially in front of a camera. This tort complaint was continued after we received a videographer’s claim for over $ 35,000 after a small amount of saliva came in contact with their arm. After asking for evidence of alleged damage, we never received a response. ”
In the statement, King added, “This whole claim is ridiculous, but we remain committed to cooperating with the authorities, as we always have. ”
According to Fox News, one of the spectators alleged that Manson had no respect for the cameraman when he continued to spit at the photographer during the performance.


Source link

Share.

Comments are closed.